From the SLHTA Press Room:
SLHTA & Winfresh Limited takes the Chefs in Schools Program to another level, as 10 Secondary Schools will compete at the Annual Culinary Competition
Riding on the recent successes of a National Culinary Team Competition among 47 industry Chefs—the winners of which will represent Saint Lucia at CHTA Taste of the Caribbean Competition in Miami—the SLHTA (Saint Lucia Hotel and Tourism Association) officially launched its much anticipated 2019 Chefs in Schools Cook Off on Wednesday 20th March, at their Hospitality Training Centre in Rodney Heights.
The participating schools are:
• Soufriere Comprehensive Secondary School,
• Castries Comprehensive Secondary School,
• Leon Hess Comprehensive Secondary School,
• Jon Odlum Memorial Secondary School,
• Entrepot Secondary School,
• Babonneau Secondary School,
• Sir Ira Simmons Secondary School,
• Anse Ger Secondary School,
• Choiseul Secondary School and
• St Joseph’s Convent Secondary School.
The resorts partnering and training students in this year’s event are:
• Jade Mountain Resort,
• Cap Maison Luxury Resort & Spa,
• St James’ Club Morgan Bay St Lucia,
• Bay Gardens Resorts,
• Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa,
• Ladera Resort,
• Marigot Bay Resort & Marina,
• Sandals Grande St Lucian Spa & Beach Resort,
• Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort and
• Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort & Spa.
This year’s competition is scheduled for Thursday 6th and Friday 7th June 2019 at the Soufriere Comprehensive Secondary School.
20 students from 10 schools will compete for ultimate bragging rights and the honour to represent St. Lucia at the upcoming Caribbean Junior Duelling Competition in Barbados, slated for August this year.
The SLHTA would like to wish all competitors the best at this year’s event.
Island Effect joins the SLHTA in wishing all the young chefs a fabulous experience at the competition – you’re all winners to us! Keep creating delicious treats for us to eat!