How to prepare Caribbean seamoss without heat
- Bowl and cover
- Airtight containers
- 25 g Dried Caribbean Seamoss We used 1/4 pack of Lina & Family Seamoss Delight from Saint Lucia
- 2 whole limes Fresh is best! But if you don't have fresh, substitute 2 tablespoons bottled lime juice
- Take about 1/4 of the pack of seamoss and rinse until it can be pulled apart easily.
- Squeeze half a lime into a bowl with sufficient water to cover the seamoss and continue to rub the seamoss together with lime rind to remove excess salts, then drain.
- Squeeze half of a lime into water again and soak the seamoss for half an hour
- Drain the soaked seamoss and rinse again under running water
- Now put the seamoss in a container with a lid, fill with water and squeeze in another half lime and leave to soak overnight – about 12 hours.
- The next day discard water and if you like, you can rinse the seamoss once moreThen in a blender add water and the seamoss in batches and blend until you have a smooth gel consistency = don't overfill the blender!Repeat this until all sea moss has been blended
- Now you can use your lovely natural and healthy seamoss gel! Use 1 to 2 tablespoons in smoothies, soups, or tea. You can even just eat it as a quick rehydrating snack. Or add it to your beauty routine – apply as a face mask…Stay tuned as we'll be posting seamoss recipes soon!
- a healthy thyroid system,
- improved immunity
- healthy digestive systems
- stronger joints, and healthy skin and nails
- reduced inflammation
- better hormonal balance