A L Dawn French is a profilic writer of kids story books and books about historical, cultural, social and economic persons and periods of interest. Her kid’s books tell the story of the character Peanut – a young girl growing up in Saint Lucia and learning about life as she explores her world, In this book, she’s a 15 year old teen and she get’s to go on A Creepy, Creepy Tour…
We decided it’d be fun to share the spots with you so you can also go on your ‘Creepy, Creepy Tour’. We do ask you to be respectful of the places you visit as many are places of business, historical sites or places of worship, etc.
To get the full story of course you gotta buy the book eh! You will also meet the Bolom, Mama Maladi, Lajablès and the Soucouyant in this little book as well…But here’s your tour map – each marker has a number that links to the brief title of the creepy tale associated with it.
The Tour Guide
- The naked lady that runs through choc cemetery and Ms Bella who’s foray into the ‘Dark Arts’ went wrong leaving the dead to roam the cemetery
- The Calvary coffin and the man who held the evil doer captive and the dog with the sheep’s head
- The Anglican Trinity Church Cemetary – tek care you doh get slap!
- The marketing meeting that took place in an empty room in government meetings?
- The frog at the Court House whose lips were sewn shut and the lady in white collecting her fee for working obeah for defendants
- The Chisel Street ‘bolom’ music
- The Tchenbwa at the Royal Gaol who didn’t do his job of protection
- Dunnottar School, the ghost in the Principal’s office and the galloping horse
- The Morne Fortune Military Cemetary, the spectral woman, the ghostly military parades and the treasure that will cost your soul
- The cries of the lonely child in the Pink Plantation? Allegedly no longer to be heard…
- Soucis and the ‘Poison balls’
- Anse la Raye church, the man who ‘stick’ as a dog and the bitch on the road… or was it?
- The Roman Catholic Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Soufriere and young Lucia’s slaps from a ghost
- The Kalinago and their reverence for the Twin Pitons
- Estephane’s plunge after the woman in white & the Morne Sion Tragedy
- The Upper River Dorée ‘Devil’s’ Bridge – built on a deal with the Devil
- The Laborie Bell-Ringer’s ill-fated search for incense in the forest, was it a Lajablès– in 2018!!!
- The La Sourciere haunted cave
- Monchy and the fate of the trio who stole a boy for ‘the Hands of Glory’ Obeah ritual
A. L. Dawn French
Leave a Reply